ZIRKEL’s COVID-19 RESPONSE
YOU AND YOUR FAMILY’S SAFETY IS OF UPMOST IMPORTANCE
We are following the CDC guidelines to keep our employees and customers safe. Daily temperature checks and additional cleaning and sanitizing practices have been put in place, along with social distancing practices. Face masks are being provided to our technicians for customer interactions. We are limiting customer interaction in homes to only critical services to help ensure our employee and customer’s safety.
Please see our install/service call procedures below. We also have listed Colorado’s Safer at Home policy that our employees will be following.
New Install and Service Call Procedures
Based on Routt County’s Covid-19 case data, we believe that Routt County will soon be re-entering a Stay At Home order. With that being the case, ZIRKEL is pausing new Internet installations as of Tuesday, November 17th, 2020.
We will continue monitoring case data and update our procedures as case counts start to decline. We do not yet have an estimated date as to when new installations will resume.
Regarding Service Calls, our installers will do their best to complete work from the exterior of the home but will not enter homes for the time being. At all times we want to create the safest environment possible for our customers and our technicians.
If at any time the technician feels these procedures are not being met they will leave the site.
- Is anyone in the household currently ill or has been recently ill?
- We are asking everyone in the home to respect social distancing guidelines and keep a 6 foot distance between yourself and our technician.
- The technician will go over the details of the installation/service call with you, after that point we ask that you minimize contact by giving them space to complete their work.
- We are asking everyone who is present in the home to wear a face covering while the technician is on site.
- Please see the following link for proper use of Personal Protective Equipment
- The front door is to remain propped open for the duration of the install/service call.
- Customers are responsible for securing pets and young children
- If furniture or personal belongings need to be moved in order for our technician to complete their work, it is the responsibility of the customer to clear the area. Technicians will not be handling customers’ personal belongings.
Our technicians will be disinfecting their trucks and washing their hands in-between visits. Zirkel will also be performing fewer service calls each day to limit the number of homes they enter. Zirkel appreciates your support during these trying times. Please reach out to our dedicated support team if you have any questions at 970-871-8500.
Colorado Stay at Home Procedures
- A. All individuals currently living within the State of Colorado are ordered to Stay at Home whenever possible. Individuals living in shared or outdoor spaces must at all times, to the greatest extent possible, comply with Social Distancing Requirements, and may leave their Residences only to perform or utilize Necessary Activities.
- B. All public and private gatherings of any number of people occurring outside a Residence are prohibited, except for the limited purposes expressly permitted in this PHO which include Essential Activities. Nothing in this PHO prohibits the gathering of members living in the same Residence.
- C. People at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19 are urged to stay in their Residence at all times except as necessary to seek medical care. People who are sick must stay in their Residence at all times except as necessary to seek medical care, and must not go to work, even for a Critical Business.
- D. Individuals experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 must self-isolate until their symptoms cease or until they have a negative test result. Due to limited testing availability and narrow criteria for testing, if an individual has tested positive for COVID-19 and/or has developed symptoms of COVID-19, including early or mild symptoms (such as cough and shortness of breath), they should be in isolation (staying away from others) until they have had no fever for at least seventy-two (72) hours (that is three full days of no fever without the use of medicine that reduces fevers), other symptoms have improved (such as cough or shortness of breath) and at least seven (7) days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
- E. Governmental and other entities are strongly urged to make shelter available to people experiencing homlessness as soon as possible and to the maximum extent practicable. People experiencing homelessness are urged to protect their health and safety by complying with Social Distancing Requirements at all times.
- F. All travel, including, but not limited to, travel by automobile or public transit, except Necessary Travel is prohibited. People must use public transit only for purposes of performing Necessary Activities or to travel to and from work to operate Critical Businesses or maintain Critical Governmental Functions.
Please also refer to the following resources for the latest updates on coronavirus:
ZIRKEL is a locally owned and operated small business who takes the role we play in our communities very seriously. Please be assured that your well being is of the utmost importance to our company. As the situation evolves, we will keep you updated.
Your friends at ZIRKEL