ZIRKEL’s COVID-19 RESPONSE
YOU AND YOUR FAMILY’S SAFETY IS OF UPMOST IMPORTANCE
We are following the CDC guidelines to keep our employees and customers safe. Daily temperature checks and additional cleaning and sanitizing practices have been put in place, along with social distancing practices. Face masks are being provided to our technicians for customer interactions. We are limiting customer interaction in homes to only critical services to help ensure our employee and customer’s safety.
Please see our install/service call procedures below. We also have listed Colorado’s Safer at Home policy that our employees will be following.
New Install and Service Call Procedures
In order to perform new installations and service calls, we are requesting the following from our customers. At all times we want to create the safest environment possible for our customers and our technicians. If the majority of the work can be completed without entering the home, the technician will stay outside.
If at any time the technician feels these procedures are not being met they will leave the site.
- Is anyone in the household currently ill or has been recently ill?
- We are asking everyone in the home to respect social distancing guidelines and keep a 6 foot distance between yourself and our technician.
- The technician will go over the details of the installation/service call with you, after that point we ask that you minimize contact by giving them space to complete their work.
- We are asking everyone who is present in the home to wear a face covering while the technician is on site.
- Please see the following link for proper use of Personal Protective Equipment
- The front door is to remain propped open for the duration of the install/service call.
- Customers are responsible for securing pets and young children
- If furniture or personal belongings need to be moved in order for our technician to complete their work, it is the responsibility of the customer to clear the area. Technicians will not be handling customers’ personal belongings.
Our technicians will be disinfecting their trucks and washing their hands in-between home visits. Zirkel will also be performing fewer installs and service calls each day to limit the number of homes they enter. Zirkel appreciates your support during these trying times. Please reach out to our dedicated support team if you have any questions at 970-871-8500.
Colorado Safer at Home
- Adhere to all general rules or guidance on social gathering limitations when working in the field, including in someone’s business or personal home
- No meetings, showings, appraisals, consultations or gatherings of more than 10 people; these should be conducted remotely
- Implement procedures for field-based employees to monitor for symptoms and report to management daily on health status. Refer symptomatic employees to the CDPHE Symptom Tracker. (Additional Guidance)
- Maintain 6 foot distancing from other employees and customers
- Require gloves and face coverings or masks for any in-person interactions or work being done in third-party homes or office spaces (Additional Guidance)
- Change gloves between customers
- Inquire whether third-party homes have symptomatic individuals or individuals who have contact with known positive cases and, if they do, cease any in-person interaction and limit any in-home activities to only those which are critical and can be done without risk to service provider
- Maintain detailed log of customer interactions to enable contact tracing (if ever needed)
- Prioritize remote work and/or personal protective equipment for people at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19
- Sanitize high- touch surfaces and tools or equipment after each customer visit (Additional Guidance)
- Provide guidance and encouragement on personal sanitation including frequently washing hands
- Require service providers to stay home if showing any symptoms or signs of sickness of if they have had contact with a known positive case
Please also refer to the following resources for the latest updates on coronavirus:
ZIRKEL is a locally owned and operated small business who takes the role we play in our communities very seriously. Please be assured that your well being is of the utmost importance to our company. As the situation evolves, we will keep you updated.
Your friends at ZIRKEL