The Network Engineer will provide enterprise-wide network system infrastructure support for complex systems and interconnected technologies that require day-to-day support and administration in order to maintain optimal network performance.
This position will be responsible for designing, deploying, routing and maintaining a Wide Area Network (WAN) and provide support with Firewalls, Load Balancing, DNS, routers and switches to proactively address network issues that impact service to customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer, Monitor, maintain and optimize LAN and WAN networks for optimal performance and maximum availability.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and resolve WAN performance and capacities issues.
- Perform WAN configuration backups and regular network documentation updates.
- Collaborate on the design and implementation of new technical solutions.
- Troubleshoot and optimize fiber optic circuits with upstream provider.
- Manage and coordinate administration of several systems including RADIUS, Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Assist with security and third party software installations.
- Provide next level support to the Company’s technicians.
- Deploy Field Technicians to antenna sites as needed for maintenance and repairs.
- Communicate and liaise with all company departments; notify appropriate parties immediately of any issues which may affect efficient operations including, but not limited to, outages, service disruptions and network bottlenecks.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects for network optimization.
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of four years of experience in an implementation and support role for a large IP network.
- Full comprehension of the TCP/IP application suite and OSI models.
- Experience with administration, implementation and troubleshooting of IPv4 and IPv6, Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches, firewalls, static routing protocols, DHCP, NAT and QoS.
- Experience implementing interior and exterior routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, and IS-IS.
- Experience with authentication systems: RADIUS, AAA and Active Directory
- Experience with Network Management Systems and monitoring applications such as Cacti and Intermapper.
- Familiarity with redundancy technologies: VRRP, SQL replication, clustering.
- Network installation experience in a high availability LAN, data center or NOC.
- Cisco, Juniper or Mikrotik certifications.
- Experience with LAN switching (spanning tree, VLAN, trunking, IGMP, PIM).
- Experience with RRAS, VPN Tunnels, VoIP and Multicast.
- Basic familiarity with Unix-like systems such as MacOS, Centos and Ubuntu.
- Expertise administering open source servers, bash shell scripting, and windows server administration.
- Experience with virtual server environments.
- Experience with wireless and fiber optic networking.
- An attention to detail and discipline to utilize best practices for network systems and security.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- A clean and valid driver’s license.
- An ability to interact with both internal and external customers that are technical or non-technical.
- An ability to work after hours to perform planned and emergency network maintenance.
- An ability to travel to to remote antenna sites for installations and maintenance.
- Ability to work independently and be team player.
- A passion for high customer satisfaction and achieving operational excellence.
If you’re interested in applying, please submit your resume and/or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (clickable link)
About ZIRKEL Wireless
Founded in March of 2001, ZIRKEL Wireless is a locally owned and operated, Internet Service Provider. The ZIRKEL Network has the largest High-Speed Internet coverage area in Northwest Colorado and coverage continues to grow. We deliver fast, reliable & affordable Internet service utilizing various fixed wireless technologies. Our dedicated local team is responsive to the needs of our subscribers and the community.
We value our employees, customers, integrity, fairness and continuous improvement. ZIRKEL Wireless offers Competitive Pay, Health Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Flex Time Off, Matching IRA contributions, Performance Bonuses, Home Internet Service and an annual Ski Pass.
If you have the desire to grow with a Northwest Colorado company, submit your resume to email@example.com. Specify the position you are applying for and why your experience and skills will make you an asset to the ZIRKEL Wireless Team. All follow up correspondence should be sent to the above email. Thank you for your interest in joining the ZIRKEL Wireless Team.
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
As a ranching and ski resort community in Routt County, Colorado, Steamboat Springs is known for its Western Heritage, Geothermal Hot Springs, the Steamboat Ski Resort and the Howelsen Ski Area. The active community and the local ski areas have produced over 70 Olympic athletes giving Steamboat the nickname Ski Town, USA.
The Yampa river flows through the surrounding Yampa Valley and downtown Steamboat Springs offering locals and visitors river activities such as fly fishing, kayaking and rafting. The area surrounding Steamboat Springs is home to the Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest which has millions of acres of public lands that are great for hiking, biking, hunting, fishing, camping, exploration and other recreation. The forest is also home to the Zirkel Wilderness which is our company’s namesake.
Steamboat Springs also offers several challenging golf courses, recreation centers, highly rated schools, medical facilities and a regional airport. Think of Steamboat as having big city amenities with small town mentality.