The first step in troubleshooting slow speeds is to run a speed test on your connection. Please visit www.speedtest.net.
If you need to update Flash Player, please update from the official Adobe Updater site: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Click the Green ‘Begin Test’ button to get started (try to avoid all of the ads).
As the test progresses, identify the Ping (measured in milliseconds), the Download Speed, and the Upload Speed.
Now that you have your speed test results, compare them against the speed ranges below.
If you are unsure of what plan you are signed up for, please log into your Customer Portal and look at the Billing section. The name of your plan should be listed under Recent Payments.
Please reference the Speed Chart below to see where you fit in our available plans:
If you notice that your speeds are within your plan’s range, and you would like to upgrade your service, please choose among the following:
- Request an upgrade through your Customer Portal under the Contact Us section – summary: Upgrade.
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Call us at 970-367-4155.
If your speeds are less than your plan, please continue with these steps:
- Power cycle your ZIRKEL Wireless antenna by unplugging the power cord for 45-60 seconds. It helps to do the same with your router if you are using a router.
- After about five minutes, check your speeds again. Are they better? Congratulations, you are finished troubleshooting.
- If there is no speed improvement, lets continue.
- In this step we are going to bypass the router by plugging our service directly into your computer or laptop.
Depending on your style of cord, place the ethernet cord labeled “To Computer” in your devices’s ethernet port. This port looks like a large phone jack pictured here:
- Remove power from the back of your router.
- Restart your computer.
- After the computer finishes rebooting, attempt another speed test from www.speedtest.net.
- Are the speeds better? Then the result is that you may have a bad router, or you could have a device on your internal network that is downloading an update or a file.
- If you have a windows computer on Windows 10 it will download updates automatically. Follow this link to a Forbes Magazine article that can help with the Windows 10 automatic updates: Windows 10 Hack: 3 Ways To Stop Forced Updates
- Call us at 970-367-4155 to discuss our Managed WiFi Solution! It helps resolve most of the slow speed issues.
- If speeds are not any better, please call our Help Desk at 970-871-8500, Option 2.