We’re sorry you’ve had to come looking for this page.
If you don’t want to bother with the steps below, you can always give us a call at 970-871-8500.
The first step in troubleshooting slow speeds is to run a speed test on your connection to see what you are actually getting.
- Visit the speedtest website. Before hitting Go, make sure the Server is listed as ZIRKEL Wireless (on the right side below the Go button).
- If not, select ‘Change Server’, and choose the ZIRKEL Wireless server in Steamboat Springs, and then hit Go.
- As the test progresses, identify the Ping (measured in milliseconds), the Download Speed, and the Upload Speed.
Now that you have your speed test results, compare them against the speed ranges below.
Basic – Up to 3Mbps download, 1Mbps upload
Premier – Up to 6Mbps download, 2Mbps upload
Turbo – Up to 12Mbps download, 4Mbps upload
Turbo Plus – Up to 18Mbps download, 6Mbps upload
Turbo Extreme – Up to 30Mbps download, 10Mbps upload
If you notice that your speeds are within your plan’s range, and you would like to upgrade, please choose among the following:
- Request an upgrade through your Customer Portal.
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Call us at 970-871-8500.
If your speeds are less than your plan, please power cycle your equipment (clickable link).
After about five minutes, check your speeds again. Are they better? If so, congratulations, you are finished troubleshooting.
If speeds are still slow, lets continue.
It is time to bypass your router and plug our connection directly into your computer.
In this step we are going to bypass the router by plugging our service directly into your computer or laptop. Note that if your computer or laptop does not have an ethernet port, you may want to consider opting for a free trial of our Managed WiFi service.
- Remove power from the back of your router. Place the ethernet cord labeled “To Computer” in your devices’s ethernet port.
- Restart your computer.
- After the computer finishes rebooting, attempt another speed test from www.speedtest.net.
Are the speeds better?
If so, you may have a device on your network hogging bandwidth or it may be time to upgrade your router.
If not, please give us a call at 970-871-8500 to continue troubleshooting with our team.